By Margarita Lee
1 Pig’s Trotter – scrape the skin with knife to remove hairs, wash thoroughly
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. light soya sauce
3 tbsp. Shaoxing wine
2 tbsp. rice wine (optional)
3 cm fresh ginger
3 stalk green spring onions
4 tbsp. rock sugar
½ tbsp. dark soya sauce
1 tbsp. corn flour for thickening
- Blanch Trotter in boiling water, soda and salt for 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Add Ingredients (B) in a pot, Trotter, cover with just enough water, and bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer for about 2 hours or until the Trotter is soft.
- Remove Trotter in a serving platter. Thicken the remaining gravy with corn flour mixed with some water.
- Pour gravy over Trotter and serve.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.