By Shanthi Ganeshan
1 can tuna chunks – well drained
3 medium sized potatoes (approx. 250g) – boiled till soft, peeled & coarsely mashed
1 medium onion
1 green chili – remove seeds
10 curry leaves chopped finely
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
¼ teaspoon black mustard seeds (optional)
½ teaspoon lime juice
1 tablespoon oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg – lightly whisked
¾ cup bread crumbs
1 cup oil to fry
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan, add mustard seeds and let it splatter. Add in chopped onions, green chili, curry leaves and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add in the mashed potatoes, tuna, lime juice, coriander leaves, sufficient salt & pepper and mash to a coarse paste.
- Take about a tablespoonful of the paste and roll them into small balls. You should get about 20 balls.
- Dip the balls one at a time in the whisked egg and next roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in medium hot oil for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown and serve hot!
- The cutlets can be made in advance and fried just before serving.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.