Recipe By Margarita Lee
- 1 tbsp. olive oil/vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500gm potatoes, sliced
- 3 to 4 medium leeks, sliced
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock or water with added stock cubes
- 250 ml milk
- 100 ml double cream
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a pot, sauté onion till soft, add in potatoes and leeks, and cook with low heat until soft, stir in butter.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring it to boil, simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes and leeks are tender.
- Whizz it with a blender until smooth, add in milk.
- Reheat the soup, season with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of cream to the centre of each bowl of soup and swirl it round gently with a fork.
- Garnish with croutons/sprinkle chopped parsley or chives.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.